Drucker Zajdel Structural Engineers, Inc. is a team of structural engineers committed to creating quality, innovative design solutions. Founded in 2003, the company has experienced rapid growth and moved to Chicago, IL.
Professional structural engineering services are provided on a wide range of project types, sizes and complexity. Projects are nationwide and for clients in both the public and private sectors. They include connection design, new structures, renovations, additions, peer reviews, existing building assessments and expert witness services.
The economic and aesthetic requirements of the clients are addressed through state of the art and solid structural engineering solutions. Solutions incorporate the efficient use of structural systems and materials to enhance or preserve the architecture. DZSE has the unique ability to integrate experience and knowledge of building and constructing structures into design solutions that are buildable.
All clients want safe, efficient and economical structural solutions and need clear communication with their structural engineer. Architects demand creativity in the structural solutions to achieve the artistic visions for the project. Owners demand cost effective services and engineering solutions for project feasibility and sustainability. Contractors and fabricators demand fast turnaround and complete and clear documents the first time to meet aggressive project construction schedules. Our diverse list of clients is a testament of our ability to provide all of these services to each and every client
- 2017 American Institute of Steel Construction, IDEAS2 Award
- 2008 Structural Engineers Associations of Illinois, “Best Medium Structure”
- 2008 American Institute of Steel Construction, National Award for Excellence in Structural Engineering
- 2007 Chicago Building Congress Award
Licenses and Certifications
- Licensed Structural Engineers - Illinois
- Licensed Professional Engieer- Illinois, New York, Pennsylvania, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, South Carolina, Tennessee, Wisconsin, North Carolina, Michigan, Massachusetts, Virginia, Kentucky, Iowa, P.Eng Alberta, P.Eng Ontario, and others
- WBE Certification – National Council (WBENC)
- WBE Certification – City of Chicago
Carol Drucker, SE, PE, P. Eng, Principal
Carol Drucker is the firm's lead principal structural engineer on a wide variety of connection projects, including commercial, residential, educational, industrial and institutional structures. Her designs have been incorporated into significant buildings throughout the country.
With broad experience in both design and construction of structural systems, her expertise has helped the most complicated structures be designed, detailed, fabricated and erected in a cost effective and efficient manner. She places a high emphasis on quality work that is appreciated by her clients.
Carol is an industry leader in steel connection design. She has earned her reputation by completing a variety of intricate projects. She serves on AISC's TC6 Connection Committee, AISC's TC2 Committee, and AISC's Committee on Specifications. She has published articles and seminars on steel design and is an invited presenter for AISC and SEAOI.
- BS Civil/Structural Engineering, Purdue University
- MS Structural Engineering, University of California, Berkeley
- Structural Engineers Association of Illinois - Board Member
- Structural Engineers Foundation of Illinois - Past President
- American Institute of Steel Construction - TC6 Committee Member, TC2 Committee Member, and Committee on Specifications
- NCEES - Member
Papers, Publications, and Presentations
- “Secrets of the Manual”, NASCC Steel Conference 2017
- “The Splice is Right”, NASCC Steel Conference 2017
- “Complex Problems to Simple Solutions”, NASCC Steel Conference 2016
- “What’s Cool in Steel”, Modern Steel Construction, August 2016
- “The Splice is Right”, Modern Steel Construction, March 2016
- “Load Path”, NASCC Steel Conference 2015, 2014
- “On the Right Path”, Modern Steel Construction, November 2014
- “Doing it for years so it must be O.K.”, NASCC Steel Conference 2012
- “Do’s and Don’ts”, NASCC Steel Conference 2010
- “30 Good Rules for Connection Design”, Modern Steel Construction, May 2004
- “Using Spreadsheets for Steel Design”, Modern Steel Construction, March 1999